Great gifts

Last week my brother took our mum away for the weekend to Shakespeare's county, Stratford upon Avon. So not only did i get to enjoy a weekend of solitude and relaxation (apart from painting the utility room) i also got these two lovely gifts.
Seeds and books what more can they heart desire

I continued the weekend of relaxation into a week off from work, which meant i got some of the boring gardening jobs done, like the removal of an old plum tree that hadn't fruited i. 3 years, some broken spots, baskets and stakes etc all went off to the local tip as well.

I then, completed the feeding for the garden with well rotted manure around all the trees, fruit bushes and long term plants in pots.  I choose to do this feeding in the early spring, as i am always worried that any goodness will be washed away with the rain on my sandy soil over the winter, Anyway it seems to work for me so i am sticking to it.

I have also managed to clear some space in the greenhouse and have started seed sowing of annuals, lettuce and tomatoes, so fingers crossed for a good growing season.

Comments

Popular Posts