A chilly Easter weekend

So it's that glorious 4 day weekend, called Easter and though it started with me feeling a bit under the weather, a day of book reading and playing the Sims 4 sorted that out.

On Saturday I went of to the local farm shops and nursery to see what plants ( as well as food) were there to tempt me, and this is what caught my eye
Basket plants and a couple of Toms as my seeds are yet to appear

Sunday, saw a lovely morning in the gardening potting up some seedlings, and fuschia's that overwintered in the greenhouse, overall the garden is starting to take shape, even if my veg bed is looking a little sad and empty.
Come on little seedlings
Running out of room in my greenhouse


My slug control













Saturday also saw the star of the Fifth month of the Celtic Tree calendar - Willow my favourite tree.


There once was a Willow, and he was very old,
And all his leaves fell off from him, and left him in the cold;
But ere the rude winter could buffet him with snow,
There grew upon his hoary head a crop of mistletoe.
All wrinkled and furrowed was this old Willow's skin,
His taper finger trembled, and his arms were very thin;
Two round eyes and hollow, that stared but did not see;
And sprawling feet that never walked, had this most ancient tree.

~Julianna Horatia Ewing, "The Willow Man"

Comments

Popular Posts