Cookbooks

I have started listening to the BBC Radio 4 Food Programme, i download it as a podcast.

On Wednesday night i listened to the Cookbook review of 2016, and got so captured by how the presenters talked about their favourite books of 2016, i decided to have a look at some of them myself.  Thankfully most can be found in my public library.

They are:-

  • Summers Under the Tamarind Tree: Recipes and Memories from Pakistan by Sumayya Usmani (Frances Lincoln)

  • Simple by Diana Henry (Mitchell Beazley)
The first book i got from my library, and though the book looks lovely, there was only 2 recipes in it that i would do. Not a very good start.





  • Eat Delicious by Tiny Budget Cooking (online only: www.tinybudgetcooking.com)
  • Salt is Essential: and other things I have learned from 50 years at the stove by Shaun Hill (Kyle Books)
  • Made In Spain: Recipes and Stories from my Country and Beyond by Miriam González Durántez (Hodder & Stoughton)
  • The Hang Fire Cookbook: Recipes and Adventures in American BBQ by Sam Evans and Shauna Guinn (Quadrille Publishing Ltd)
  • The Saffron Tales: Recipes from the Persian Kitchen by Yasmin Khan (Bloomsbury Publishing)
  • Polska: New Polish Cooking by Zuza Zak (Quadrille Publishing Ltd)
  • Pride and Pudding: The History of British Puddings, Savoury and Sweet by Regula Ysewijn (Murdoch Books)
Loved this book, well written information as well as recipes, I have ordered my own copy.





  • The Ethical Carnivore: My Year Killing to Eat by Louise Gray (Bloomsbury Natural History)
  • The Modern Peasant by JoJo Tulloh
This is my list, the full list can be found here 

Comments

Popular Posts